Monday 30 November 2015

4 Tips On Giving Speeches

Sup guys, today I gave my speech for school captain. I was so nervous and I'm sure I'm not going to get it, but it's always fun to have a try. I'm no speech guru, but I'm in debating, I like to perform, and have given some speeches. Well, let's get started!





1. Practice
I know this is a cliché, but practice really is important. Practice as much as you can, in the car, at home, at school, anywhere! Practice helps you memorise the speech, feel more confident and you'll be ready.

2. Make sure your speech is right
This is vital. You have to make sure it has all the content you want to put in, DO NOT do what I did and fix it 2 days before, then when you are on stage quickly add something in. If you do forget something, just add it in.

3. Confidence!!!!!!
This is very important. When you get on stage, pretend everyone is either something that makes you calm or just look at the back wall.

4. Be Relatable
Being relatable means that other people can relate to what your saying. Being relatable also, well I think, also means being funny. Make jokes, make yourself relatable the key word.

Well, I hope these tips helped you and you can go kill that speech. I hope if you ever get a chance to go for school captain, give it a try, it's a fantastic experience. Fingers crossed I get a leadership position!

Rose :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sup. A little bird told me you're about to leave a comment on one of my posts. That's fine, I appreciate it! But please do not comment anything rude or offensive. Well, happy commenting.

Rose :3