Thursday 26 November 2015

Caro Was Here- Book Review

Sup guys, today I'm going to be doing a review on Caro Was Here. Well, let's get started.

Author: Elizabeth Farrelly

Cover:
Well, personally, I think the cover is awesome. There's on hand pointing at the flame on a match. I like the slogan or what, punchline? I don't know what it is anyway, Whose idea of adventure was this? I think it was the American girl, Ellen who would say this. By the way, this story is based mainly on an island in Sydney Harbour.

Blurb:
Skipping school to lead a group of friends- and enemies- on an adult-free excursion to an island in Sydney Harbour is Caro's idea of a twelfth birthday outing. 
Marooned overnight? She can handle that too. But the challenges multiply. They're not alone on the island, and Caro must save her friends from life-threatening danger...

This certainly sounded like an interesting book, and it was. I didn't really realise what the danger was until about halfway. I think that this blurb really summed up the book.

Favourite Character:
Nigel. He was bullied in the beginning of the book, with everyone calling him Nigel Numbnuts. He was never meant to come with them, but they found him and had to take Nigel with them. In the end, they realise he is funny, nice and smart. But, I do have another favourite character, Jamie Savage. He is an escaped prisoner who had a stutter, and the only reason he went to jail was because his brother (who was 15) was a psychopath. He was very kind.

Least Favourite Character:
I didn't have one. Ellen was quite annoying, but she got better.

Overall Summary Of The Book:
I'd give it 4/5, because it didn't have a very full ending well, that's all, I hope you enjoyed the review.

ROSE WAS HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sup. A little bird told me you're about to leave a comment on one of my posts. That's fine, I appreciate it! But please do not comment anything rude or offensive. Well, happy commenting.

Rose :3